An Action Plan
Keep Calm and make up an Action Plan for your Organising Projects
Christmas and New Year are upon us….
Did you know that one of the top 3 New Year resolutions is “TO GET ORGANISED”?
I am sure we can all relate to that. I know personally every November I make a list of the thingsI want to get sorted in my home while on my break.
This is a great start, however the list is long and the break always seems too short.
This year I have set up an action plan which I thought I would share with you.
If , like me you are having a “Staycation” this year, or you have some time available before or after a holiday, guilt can tend to get the better of you.
When we are doing our organising projects we end up feeling guilty for not taking the time out to just relax and vice versa.
What then is the answer ?
SET OUT AN ACTION PLAN
1) Write a list of things you would LIKE to get done over the break
2) Prioritise the list
3) Make a decision on how many of the tasks YOU feel you can take on and finish by the end of your break,
eg YOUR TOP 3 PRIORITIES
( NOTE: Allow yourself to leave the rest for another time but, do make sure you allocate a time in the future to complete the list.)
4)Take your top 3 priorities and set up a Plan of Action:
–TREAT EACH OF YOUR TASKS AS ITS OWN PROJECT
- Give your project a deadline ( try and make it in the beginning of your break so it is over and done with) Remember, projects all have a beginning – middle and end so you need to finish.
- Setup a manila folder with your project name eg: GARAGE CLEAN UP
- Write down your plan of action by using the project planning sheet template. (email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send one to you)
- Break the task down into bite sized pieces .. work on sections at a time to prevent the feeling of being overwhelmed which then causes procrastination!
5) Remember to take BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS for your satisfaction guarantee!
There you go… now you have prioritised your tasks and completed your top 3. It is time to enjoy the rest of your break – guilt free!
Please keep in touch and let us know how you are going.
Join the Paperclip tips and ideas facebook (closed) group so we can assist and encourage you along the way and of course all share in your success!
Send an email to me now to ask to join on email@example.com
I will keep you posted on my progress too!
Enjoy the Festive Season and wishing you a 2016 filled with all you wish for!